Apparently I am quitting – lol (06 Jan 09)
In this newsletter:
- Rumor Control – did you hear what Meg is up to? And other eBay announcements
- Legally contact your previous customers – we know the company and the tool and we have the info for you on OSI right now
- It starts in two days – the Profitable Newsletter training (& secret pricing info)
- Classes coming up: Success With Cindy, Profitable Newsletter training series, DYWMMON, and Ask the Entrepreneur with 24 year old CEO genius Derek of Tatango
The secret to productive goal setting is in establishing clearly defined goals, writing them down and then focusing on them several times a day with words, pictures and emotions as if we’ve already achieved them.
- Denis Waitley
Welcome to 2009 and the year of Going Big!! No more time for excuses or reasons – just time for Success!!
A friend of mine turned 21 on New Year’s Eve –how fun. And in honor of her birthday I made her a cake – my first topsy turvy cake.
The cake took almost 40 hours to complete from the original sketch to final polka dot – truly a labor of love. When everyone saw it at the party they declared that I should immediately quit my business and open a bakery (this isn’t the first cake of mine they have seen). At first I thought they were just being nice…but then they started making all these plans about where the bakery would be, the name, what I could make – within 15 minutes someone had even decided he was going to front the costs for the bakery – LOL.
I can’t cook to save my life, but really love baking. I tease my friends that they come up with parties just so I will bake something. But does that mean I should open a bakery? Not necessarily. Could I eventually? Yes, possibly, I’ve tucked the thought in the very back of my head. But simply because you love doing something and may even be good at it, does NOT mean you should just run out and start a business doing it. Before I could even entertain the possibility I would have to do quite a bit of work – researching logistics, the need for another bakery in our area, locations, permits, staff, goals, marketing plans, availability of funds, what we would sell, who our customers would be, etc. ALL of this would need to be done before I even contemplated running a bakery. I have some professional equipment now, but all of it would need to be switched over. I currently do everything myself and make everything from scratch (even the fondant) – that would be one of the worst things I could do if I started running this as a business. My entire mindset would need to change. Plus, one of the first things I would do is intern/hire a mentor that could teach me all of the ins/outs of the business. Trying to learn from all of my mistakes while the business is open would be tooooo expensive.
So are you trying to run your eBay business because someone, perhaps even you, thought your love for something was a ‘good idea’ at one point? If you try to do that without any of the planning that is required, your business will look like my kitchen does during one of these projects.
So…is your eBay business a ‘labor of love’ or a profitable business? What do you need to do to make 2009 the year it becomes a REAL business?
- Is your business plan done? – Who are you going to be on eBay? In your business? What do your customers look like? Where do your customers buy? Who are your competitors? Do you know how your business is going to end? How are you going to get there if you don’t know where you are going? (sound familiar Rock Stars? Lol)
- Do you need professional equipment? – Are you still throwing your listings up to the world of eBay and hope they stick to a buyer? Why aren’t you using the tools on Terapeak and Worldwide Brands to research the hot products? What about a photography area and set up? Do you have an eBay accountant who understands this business?
- Is your automation in place? – like Endicia to print your postage, and a good listing tool? Is 2009 the year you finally hire people to help? Are you using a tool like TypePilot to automate your writings?
- Are you trying to figure things out on your own? – This one amazes me the most. Why people would waste so much energy, time AND money trying to figure things out on their own when someone else has the answers truly baffles me. After I had decided on a cake and finished the sketch there was a technique I had never done before. My time is too valuable to run a test kitchen to figure it out. So I googled bakers in the area, contacted one, hired her for an afternoon, and I was off and running (plus I learned way more than the one technique I had originally set out to learn – bonus!). People try to tell me they are saving money by figuring it out themselves. Wow! Well, why you are trying to figure it out, and possibly get it right…or not…your competition has joined OSI Rock Stars, or purchased the 1% CD series and is light years ahead of you.
So I’m not quitting this business…yet. I love what I do and am having way too much fun. But, considering how my countertops & floors look, I am thinking of patenting royal icing as a new form of cement. Perhaps an alternative for false teeth. Mortar compound? I said I loved to bake…I never said anything about being neat & organized about it – lol!
Blessings for a phenomenal 2009,
Share the Success with friends – forward this newsletter onto them or let them know they can get their own copy at www.osiNewsletter.com (includes the Free 5 page report, “99% of eBay Stores are set up wrong, Learn how to be that 1%”)
For secret deals only….come TaTango with us!! Register your phone HERE
For spur of the moment info, ideas, reminders or anything else I feel like Twittering about, follow us at http://twitter.com/osirockstars (and Matty & her fabulous deals can be found at www.twitter.com/moremoola!!)
Watch for an announcement to arrive out of
A Message from Dinesh Lathi — 50% off 1 and 3-day Auction-style listings in January – details here: http://pages.ebay.com/promo/13auctions09/
Legally contact your previous customers – we know the company and the tool and we have the info on OSI right now
We had the honor of meeting some of the team from Sales in a Click and recently had Greg Bala on the show with us explaining this phenomenal new eBay Stores tool (AND their amazing 6 month trial period). He blew us away with the fact that eBay has given them the go ahead to legally allow us to contact our previous customers by utilizing this powerful new tool. Some of the Rock Stars have already started to use this product and we couldn’t believe how easy it was to use…a few clicks and it handles everything else automatically. Listen to the podcast here:
http://osirockstars.com/?p=733 – Sales in a Click with Greg Bala.
And don’t forget to get your 6 month trial here.
It starts in two days – the Profitable Newsletter training (& secret pricing info)
Unless you are brand new to this newsletter (and Welcome if you are!), then you have no doubt heard me talk about the power of Newsletters in your business. And I am sure I am not the only one you have heard this from. Newsletters are worth GOLD, but only if you know how to use them.
As I have already mentioned to our OSI Rock Stars, our training on the RS site will be focusing this year on setting up your own websites, Google/website analytics, marketing, integration with your current eBay business and moving into the areas online where your buyers are at. No worries if you aren’t here yet…you know us, we take everyone along a step-by-step process to get there. (Just think where you were this time last year and how far you have come in one year – how much more you know!!)
But, we can’t move you forward online until we teach you about THE most important thing you must have and understand how to use – the powerful newsletter. I have moved almost 90% of my sales off of eBay now and am currently using eBay mainly for acquiring new customers. But I couldn’t have done that without knowing how to correctly use the power of a newsletter. So our first series of the year will be on Profitable Newsletter training – I am quite excited!!
Profitable Newsletter training
This coaching class starts this
Thursday, January 8th at 11am pst and runs for 3 weeks.
This powerful training will include:
· Correctly setting up your eBay Store newsletter
· Locating and using an outside newsletter service
· Top ways to get people to sign up for your newsletter
· How to get potential buyers to open and BUY from your newsletter
· And much more!
(If you can’t make the live training, we will record all of the 6+ hours of coaching and put them up on the website for you to watch 24/7 at your leisure.)
Newsletters are a MUST HAVE gold mine for every company. Instead of selling something once to a customer, learn how to have the ability to sell to them multiple times. Turn a one-time customer into a life-time customer!
EXCLUSIVE – We already have a hand-selected representative from the top-rated newsletter company Constant Contact coming on the show to provide training on utilizing the power of a newsletter for your company. (Gail, the CEO of Constant Contact said she wanted YOU to have the best information and would make sure we received the best person to provide that!). AND, Greg Bala of Sales in a Click will also be showing how to contact your previous eBay customers legally and automatically!
Yes! I want to be part of the LIVE Profitable Newsletter Training
Or you could go with the ‘Secret Pricing”…
Some of you have found the secret to getting this class at an even better price. With just two days left, I thought I would share this tip so all of you could take advantage of it:
Go to www.OnePercentCoach.com and purchase the 1% Profitable eBay Stores 7-CD set. Before you check out, you will be given an option to purchase a seat to in-depth Profitable Newsletter training and SAVE $30. You will also get, when you purchase the 7-CD set AND the Live Profitable Newsletter training, a BONUS of the 3-cd set:
Profiting from the eBay Fee and Site Changes – a $179 Value!!
When you take advantage of this offer you will receive:
- The Profitable eBay Stores Success Training – a 7-CD set filled with over 25 hours of step-by-step training
- A reserved seat at the exclusive Profitable Newsletter training – 6+ hours of training on understanding the ‘must have’ part of your business
- BONUS – 3-CD set Profiting from the eBay Fee and Site Changes (Value $179)
- AND a total savings of $50 off the eBay Stores/Newsletter training
That more than covers the price of the exclusive Newsletter training alone!!
We hope to see you there on Thursday and NOT your competition!!
New Classes coming up…
Hey…get registered ASAP for these classes. All OSI Live classes are fr-ee to attend and instructions are included during the registration process for both the podcasts and the webinars. When the class says, OSI RS Exclusive, only OSI Rock Stars are allowed to attend.
Remember, you can either ask a question for our special guest or simply put “I Choose Success” in the question box.
1/6/09, Tuesday at Noon pst/3pm est
Ask Janelle your Success questions January – 2 hour LIVE coaching; answering all of YOUR questions. (OSI Rock Star Exclusive Training)
Want me to take a look at your eBay Store?
Have a new business idea that you need advice on?
Questions about sourcing, research, marketing?
I’ll be answering these Live during the show. First come, first served!!
Learn more at http://osirockstars.com/topic.php?id=926&replies=1
1/7/09, Wednesday at Noon pst/3pm est
Success With Cindy – Promote Your Online Business and Build SEO Using Press Releases
This month’s topic on Success With Cindy is press releases. You don’t need to be a ‘techie’ to get maximum effectiveness from a press release. Anyone who can email or cut and paste can improve their business using a press release.
Get registered for your spot at www.SuccessWithCindy.com
1/8/09, Thursday at 11am pst/2pm est
Profitable Newsletter Training – Lesson 1 (OSI Rock Star Exclusive Training)
This special series on Profitable Newsletters will include:
Correctly setting up your eBay Store newsletter
Locating and using an outside newsletter service
Top ways to get people to sign up for your newsletter
How to get potential buyers to open and BUY from your newsletter
And much more!
Special guest for the first class is Heidi Tobias, Sr. Manager of Distance Learning from Constant Contact
Learn more at http://osirockstars.com/topic.php?id=926&replies=1
1/12/09, Monday at Noon pst/3pm est
DYWMMON – LIVE – for 2 hours (OSI Rock Star Exclusive Training)
Join us as we check out eBay listings, websites, and blogs through the eyes of the buyers. Find out why they may be leaving your site and not spending their money!
Include questions during registration – first 3 businesses who sign-up will be chosen to be featured on the show.
Learn more at http://osirockstars.com/topic.php?id=926&replies=1
1/13/09, Tuesday at Noon pst/3pm est – Entrepreneur & CEO of TaTango – Derek Johnson
At 24 years old, Derek Johnson is CEO of an incredible start-up (TaTango), has already received funding for his company, been in the Wall Street Journal, and has many brilliant observations on how to be successful. I can’t wait for this one.
Ask your questions for Derek AND save your spot at www.Ask-The-Entrepreneurs.com